Hostgator is the global provider of web hosting. It is one of the most trustworthy and reliable hosting providing company. It is very popular for flexible prices and many functionalities. It offers every web-related service which is necessary to make your online presence. The company provides services like Domain, Website builder and several web hosting services like Shared hosting, VPS hosting, Dedicated hosting and many more. In this article, I am going to tell you What is Hostgator and Who Owns it?
The company was founded on October 22, 2002, by Brent Oxley. After facing many ups and downs in the journey, the company had achieved a huge success. In 2003 Hostgator reached 100+ active customers. After this great success, the company started its international setups. Now, the company is listed in the top lists of hosting providers all over the world. The company is famous for its reliability and flexibility.
What is Hostgator used for?
Hostgator offers many reliable services that are used for establishing a website. They provide some of the best features which you will never get anywhere in a pocket-friendly range. The products and services which Hostgator offers are as follows:
- Domains: For starting a website the first requirement is to purchase a name or address for your website. The company provides all the services related to the domain of your website. The company offers the Hostgator domain of every extension (.com or .net). You can choose any extension which you want. Under Domain services, the company offers Domain Transfer, Domain Registration and Manage Domains
2.Web Hosting: Web hosting is a service in which the hosting company will provide web space(Bandwidth, Disk space, Uptime) to your website on the server. There are many companies which provide web hosting, Hostgator is one of the largest company which deals with excellent web hosting services. Hostgator web hosting comes up with all types of web hosting like-
- Shared Web Hosting
- VPS ( Virtual Private Server)
- Dedicated Server
- Cloud Web Hosting
- Reseller Web Hosting
- WordPress Web Hosting
3. Website Builder: After the process of domain registration and web hosting, the next step is building the website. Before launching a website it should look professional and attractive, this work is done by the Website Builder. Hostgator provides Gator (a website builder tool) to make your website look good and You can Build your website with Hostgator Website Builder.
How much is Hostgator Worth?
Reviewing a web host is not an easy task. The web hosting providers are evaluated on a number of factors like Speed, Reliability, and cost. It is the company which is sold to the Endurance International Group at $225 million. According to the reports CEO of EIG, Mr. Hari Ravichandran offered $225 million to CEO of Hostgator Brent Oxley for Hostgator and he accepted. Now the company has become the brand of EIG and it earns $100 million turnovers per year.
Is Hostgator a good Web Host?
Hostgator is one of the best options for start-ups or business websites. It generally offers lower prices than its competitors but that doesn’t mean that their plans and services are not reliable. The company offers more than enough features. Here are some of the important points of Hostgator which will make you understand that Is Hostgator a Good Web Host?
- Specialization– The company usually provides highly available customer support services. The company provides 24/7 customer support to their customers. They are very confident with their services as they provide 30 days money-back guarantee. With a money-back guarantee feature, the company also offers super-fast WordPress cloud hosting to your website.
- Good Uptime and Response– The firm promises a guarantee of 99.99% uptime. If the company will fail its promise then they will provide one month of hosting credit to your account.
- Migration Policy– Hostgator will transfer your website for free to your new domain within 30 days for the opening of a shared hosting account.
- Control Panel– The company provides customized Hostgator Cpanel to make it more user-friendly. You can manage all your website data through this Cpanel.
- Lower Price– The company charges a lower cost as compared to its competitors. You will get hosting for your website only just $2.75 per year. Also, they provide Hostgator Coupons by which you can get a huge discount up to 80%.
Which is Better Bluehost or Hostgator?
Bluehost and Hostgator both are the brands of EIG( Endurance International Group). As we all know that Hostgator is used to be one of the best hosting providers over the past many years. As the company provides the best and reliable services for every kind of website. However, my recommendation is to choose Hostgator, as the website performance provided by the Hostgator is far better than the Bluehost.
Hostgator provides several layers of redundancy, multiple failover options, in-house power backups, and enterprise-class Unlimited Power Supply technology which is not offered by the Bluehost.
Why Hostgator should be your choice?
- 99% uptime promise
- High-Speed Website
- Provides Cpanel
- Affordable Plans
- 30 Days Money Back Guarantee
- Provides Protection against Malware, Hackers, and Viruses
In this article, I have clearly explained that What is Hostgator and who owns it? I hope it will make you understand the company and its services.