When you are trying to find out the best hosting for a website you will find many web hosting options. For the first time, users and owners of small scale business websites shared web hosting is more preferable and affordable. But for those who want a fast-growing website and need a higher level of performance, security, and scalability. One of the best hosting with full of resources is dedicated hosting. Before choosing this you have to learn about What is Dedicated Hosting? and What are its Benefits and Drawbacks?
So here I am mentioning about dedicated hosting and its uses. This will help you in understanding a dedicated server and it uses more briefly.
What is Dedicated Hosting?
Dedicated hosting is when you have an entire server to yourself. As compared to a dedicated server and shared hosting, In a shared server you will be sharing resources with hundreds of websites at the same time. Resources are limited in shared hosting each server has a limited amount of bandwidth, storage, disk space, etc.
Dedicated hosting is very different from shared hosting. In dedicated you no need to share your server with any other person. You can easily operate your server according to your need and want. Functions of dedicated hosting are similar to the other hosting plan. But all the resources are used individually by the owner. Dedicated hosting is a very powerful form of hosting that gives the user complete control over the server hardware and software. This server is quite expensive as compare to VPA hosting and shared hosting plans.
Benefits of Dedicated Server
- Improved and steady website performance- It will help in improving your performance as compared to another hosting plan. With fully dedicated resources, you can easily operate your website according to your wants.
- Unlimited bandwidth, storage, and disk space – In a dedicated server, you will get unlimited resources for optimizing a website for better performance.
- Increased flexibility and optimization – You are free to make changes and full control over a website.
- The choice between Linux and window operating system – You have a choice between two operating systems. You can choose this according to your need for better performance.
- High level of security and protection – With the dedicated resources your website is free from the cybercrime activity because in this you will solid security.
- Solid reliability and scalability – The dedicated server will provide you 100% uptime. You no need to compete with the other resources.
Drawbacks of Dedicated Server
- The monthly cost is higher – With the fully dedicated resources, the cost of the monthly plan is quite higher as compared to shared and VPS hosting.
- Difficult to manage – If you are new and using this hosting first time then you need to hire an IT person.
- It is not good for small scale businesses and for those websites that do not have heavy traffic volume.
Want to purchase the dedicated Hosting then Check out our blog- Top 5 Dedicated Hosting Companies Worth Exploring which will guide you which company provides the best Dedicated Hosting Services.
I hope now you have learned many points about Dedicated Hosting. How it is different from other hosting and what are its features and benefits.
In this blog, I have mentioned all the benefits and drawbacks of Dedicated hosting. A dedicated server is not good for everyone but for those who have gained enough traffic on its website they can use it for better performance. This will help you with all the unlimited resources and 100% uptime to your website.