Best Dedicated Server Hosting Compared – A Detailed Analysis from our experts
How to Select Best Dedicated Server Hosting as per your needs?
At present, there are many web hosting companies offering numerous dedicated hosting plans with “N” number of possible configurations. To make things easier for our users we are taking the following things into consideration while rating the best dedicated server hosting out there:
- SSD: SSD means speed. This is the age of SSD. While choosing a dedicated hosting server we are looking at their SSD plans. Some web hosting companies are still providing SATA HDD as storage options so we will make a note of it.
- Bandwidth: Though as a user you tend to look at server CPU configurations Bandwidth can sometimes act as spoilsport for many users. For the same, Many users have to change their dedicated hosting plans as the current plan bandwidth is not sufficient for their use.
- Additional Software Such as C Panel is included or has to be paid for additionally.
- Money-Back Guarantee: Generally Dedicated Server Hosting plans are quite costlier compared to other hosting plans. As such it becomes important that you get your money back if current hosting is not able to meet your requirements.
- Special Mention: If a company is providing additional features such as automatic back up etc then it deserves a special mention
- Value for money: Finally which company is providing the best of above all in their dedicated hosting plan.
For those who are not having much time we are providing a brief summary here, Below you can read the detailed article.
Best Dedicated Server Hosting Plans that we have selected for you keeping all the above criteria in mind are listed below with the best possible deal in World/ UK / India:
Note: All the plans are highly customisable and you can select your own configuration .
Why choose/select dedicated server hosting?
You must have come here searching for the best-dedicated server hosting in the world, so it’s safe to assume that whatever current hosting plan you are using is not able to satisfy your hosting needs or demands. We understand that opting for dedicated hosting is a costly and important affair. Each user has his/her own unique requirement. For the very same reason, we have listed some of the better-dedicated hosting plans according to the various requirements of different users.
Before we go deep into various dedicated server web hosting plans, let us understand what are the various reasons you might opt for dedicated server hosting:
- Other hosting types such as shared and VPS are not meeting your hosting needs
- Security Reasons
- Specialized requirements such as asp .net hosting (which you select when you have to use windows licensed app or software)
Now let’s understand this in detail:
1. Other hosting types such as shared and VPS are not meeting your hosting needs:
One of the advantages of dedicated hosting offers to the user is the sheer power of customization as per their needs. With Dedicated Hosting, you get to use all the resources of that server – only “you”. In layman’s terms, it translates as follows: Your website is super fast as it gets to use all the resources like ram, CPU, and storage of your dedicated hosting.
Many times users upgrade from shared / VPS hosting to dedicated hosting as the existing hosting fails to bear the load of the website resulting in slow website speed and at times website goes down often. To avoid such circumstances people generally go for dedicated server web hosting as it helps them overcome the failures of their existing hosting plans/services.
2. Security Reasons:
Many users upgrade to or start with dedicated web hosting plans as it offers them much more security than other cheap hosting choices such as shared and VPS hosting. In shared hosting your website shares all the resources with so many other websites. Along with the resources, your websites also share the IP address along with other countless websites which is not good security-wise & performance-wise.
In VPS hosting, though we get a dedicated IP address, sometimes your website’s requirement may supersede the VPS hosting abilities as such requiring more resources than what your existing VPS hosting offers. Plus at the end of the day, it is not guaranteed that your hosting server will be safe if there is an attack on another server as they are still a part of one server.
3. Specialized Hosting Requirements:
A dedicated hosting server makes sense also when you have specific server requirements such as asp .net server. Windows server hosting serves well when you need to run windows licensed app/software on your server. This is one example, there are many such unique requirements to different users for which dedicated hosting is aptly suited.
We were quite puzzled about how to go about this article in a way it provides what exactly users are looking for. After a lot of research, we realized there are several important aspects that we need to take into consideration to differentiate best-dedicated server hosting plans worldwide by different companies. They are as follows :
- Brand Reliability: How known company is? Can you rely on them if anything goes wrong?
- Value For Money: Is the hosting plan too costly and provides too little? We try to find the middle line between cost and offerings.
- SSD/HDD: This is a very important factor. SSD is much faster than HDD and will impact overall website performance. As this article is about the best server hosting plans we will look at all company’s SSD plans. Only when the SSD plan is not available we will look at the HDD plan.
- Unmanaged or Managed Dedicated Hosting: Unmanaged Hosting is cheaper but apart from hardware maintenance, failure, and power backup’s users are completely responsible for maintaining a server. It includes technical tasks such as installing scripts/ taking back up’s etc. Nowadays some companies provide unmanaged dedicated servers with integrated control panel software. In managed dedicated server hosting the above tasks are also handled by the company.
Taking into consideration the above factors we take a look at some of the finest dedicated hosting plans. All the plans we have taken are highly customizable. Most of the plans we have selected are either managed/semi-managed as the unmanaged plans require sound technical knowledge.
Turnkey Internet Dedicated Hosting:
As of now, Turnkey Internet offers one of the most comprehensible dedicated server hosting plans out there in the market. Why? Read Below
+ At $99/mo their plan is one of the most featured packed and value for money dedicated web hosting plans.
+In this plan you get Intel Xeon E3 1270 Processor with 8 core threads, 16 GB Ram, and 2 x 240GB of SSD. All these are further upgradable. Dedicated 1000 Mbps Port Speed.
+ Supports Either Windows/Linux Platform.
+ C Panel software for upto 100 users is included in the plan. You get 4 Dedicated IPs (1 usable). Turnkey Dedicated Hosting is backed by 30 Day Money Back Guarantee.
+ Turnkey Internet offers in this plan a 100GB R1 Soft Backup. Hardware Raid 1 is also included. Free Standard DDOS Protection is also included.
+ One of the most distinguishing feature of this plan is Turnkey is offering the same price to the new users for a lifetime(limited to one user.)
Overall this plan is one of the best feature-packed dedicated hosting plans at a very competitive price. Also among many other plan, we are going to discuss below, Turnkey is the one to offer Back-Up and Restoration included within the plan.
Hostgator Dedicated Web Hosting:
Hostgator is one of the better-known names in the hosting industry. Their shared hosting plans are quite popular among users. Hostgator also provides some very good dedicated hosting server plans. We have shortlisted a $120/mo Hostgator dedicated hosting plan(cost is for a minimum of 3 yrs).
+ In this plan you get Intel Xeon D CPU with 8 core/ 16 threads along with 16 GB RAM. You have the option to select either 512 GB SSD or 2 TB SSD.
+ Support either Linux/Windows platform.
+ C Panel / WHM for Linux and Plesk for Windows is included in the plan. You get 3 Dedicated IPs.
+ In this plan Hostgator provides unlimited bandwidth and full root access. Standard DDOS protection is provided with the plan.
+ Hostgator provide a free domain along with this dedicated hosting plan. Dedicated Hosting is fully redundant and is RAID 1 compatible.
– Hostgator does not offer a money-back guarantee on dedicated server plans. However, they do offer compensation if there is a server outage.
– User has to take back up manually. There is an option for paid automatic backups.
This plan offers some really good features that you look for in Dedicated Hosting. Hostgator is also a trusted and known name on which users can rely.
Namecheap Dedicated Server Plan:
Namecheap offers some of the highly competitive value-for-money dedicated hosting plans. Here we will take a look at the $118/mo Dedicated Hosting Plan (When taken minimum for 12 months).
+ In this plan you get an Intel Xeon E-2136 processor along with 32 GB RAM. You get 2 x 480 GB SSD with RAID 1 configuration enabled.
+ You get 2 Dedicated IPs.
+ You get 100TB/ MO Bandwidth(which is quite decent) and 1000 Mbps public network speed.
+ C Panel & WHM are additional cost. However, we have included 100 C Panel User and WHM Starter Package in the price.
– Website backup has to be manually taken up by the user.
– Windows platform is not supported by this plan.
Namecheap dedicated hosting is one of the better hosting plans available in the market and for the very same reason we have included this plan in our best-dedicated hosting server plans available worldwide.
Contabo Dedicated Web Hosting Plan:
Contabo is a leading hosting provider and a very known name in Europe. We have selected one of their plan which provides very good configuration and power-packed performance. This plan costs € 131/ mo( when paid for 12 months).
+ You get Intel Xeon E5 2630v4 Processor along with 10 cores. You get a whopping 256 GB REG ECC RAM along with this hosting package.
+ You get Unlimited Bandwidth, Standard DDOS Protection, and 1Gbits port speed.
+ You get full root access and 1 Dedicated IP.
+ Support for both Linux and Windows Platform(Windows platform is paid extra)
+ We have added 1 TB SSD in this plan price of which we have included.
+ This is the only plan in the list which comes with REG ECC ram which is valued all over the world by professionals.
+ Contabo provides a partial refund in the first 14 days.
– Cpanel WHM / Plesk are chargeable separately.
– This plan provides 1 IP, However you get additional IPs at reasonable costing.
This dedicated hosting plan by Contabo is quite expensive but is also one of the most power-packed and performance focussed plans on our list.
Interserver Dedicated Web Hosting Plan:
Interserver is one of the oldest web hosting service providers. Though they are considered quite traditional they provide one of the better-dedicated hosting plans out on the internet there.
We have selected their $119/mo dedicated hosting server plan(we removed HDD and selected 1 TB SSD instead). This plan offers the following:
+ You get Intel Xeon E3-1230 v6 Processor with 16 GB of RAM. You get a 2 x 500 GB SSD.
+ You get standard DDOS protection. You get 10TB Bandwidth along with a 1Gbits port.
+ You get 5 Dedicated IPs.
– Available in Linux platform
– C Panel is charged separately.
Hope you must have selected one or other dedicated server hosting as per your requirement. We have done a good amount of research before making this list of best-dedicated server plans. We have deliberately left out many dedicated hosting plans which we felt were not quite providing the value and features they were charging for. Also, these plans are valid for the US/ UK / INDIA and almost any country in the world. You may not find some of these plans even in Reddit search :). If you think there is any improvement possible in this article in any context, feel free to comment or mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org