McAfee is a device to cloud cybersecurity software brand. It is one of the world’s largest antivirus companies with its headquarters in Santa Clara. First, this company was purchased by intel later on a strategic deal between Intel and TPG Capital led to a joint venture, McAfee. Today in this blog we are going to give McAfee Total Protection Review.
Now, talking about its products McAfee offers two products :
- McAfee Total Protection for home and personal use
- McAfee Mvision for enterprises
It is an all in one security solution for pc. Besides fighting viruses on your pc, it also provides protection against spyware, malware, and ransomware.
McAfee Total Protection Customer Review
What makes McAfee Total Protection best antivirus for pc?
Complete Online Protection– Connect 5 to 10 devices at a time be it windows, mac or mobile and secure your files and personal data from hackers and cyber attackers through its virus protection, spam filtering, and file-encryption capabilities.
Refined Privacy Protection– much of your identity is in files that are mostly hidden from you. attackers find this as an opportunity to steal your digital identity. with McAfee Total Protection safeguard your digital identity by destroying sensitive files and eliminating your digital identity automatically.
Device Optimization– McAfee total protection offers the best device optimization by automatically pausing autoplay videos, clearing up cookies and temporary files.
McAfee Total Protection Review- Key Features
- Performance optimization for devices– This is a very useful feature to avoid lagging or slow devices McAfee has come up with this performance optimizer to speed up your system and maintain it like a new one.
- Password Manager– Forget the need to remember every password this makes it possible to manage passwords with a multi password manager app.
- Network Protection– with a complete analysis of your home network make your network secure from hackers.
- Storage Encryption– Your sensitive files are secured with 128-bit encryption.
- Parental Control-Keep your child safe in the digital world with advanced parental locks.
- URL blocking-Block malicious websites, links, and videos before they harm your pc.
- Identity Theft Protection– clear your digital footprints regularly and save your digital identity from attackers.
- Operational on multiple devices- with this a user can manage this from any device that has a subscription.
- File Lock- Keep confidential files safe with password and encryption.
- 24X7 Customer Support– it also comes with free 24X7 customer support to answer all your queries anywhere, anytime.
Its screen covers up most of the area of the home screen. On opening, the screen shows a prominent check mark signifying everything is working fine in the device. Its home screen provides various options through which you can perform plenty of tasks such as managing passwords and updating the definition for viruses.
Installation and support
McAfee total protection does not offer support via E-mails rather customer service personnel are available to serve you on phone or a chat window that too 24X7.
The first step of the installation starts with the installation of a 40mb file. This file on successful installation runs a quick scan on the device and downloads other important tools and files.
A remarkable boost was seen in the system’s performance after installing the software all the autoplay videos were paused, CPU speed increased. It took 10 sec for the benchmark test which was 36% better than the timings before McAfee Total Protection.
It took 40mins for the software to scan around 3 lakh files but as it learned to ignore files scan time dropped to 5-6 mins.
Security and privacy protection
McAfee total protection offers a variety of options for privacy protection such as vulnerability scanner and a multi-layered protection system. A multi-layered protection system offers security from identity theft while vulnerability scanner looks for weak passwords, unpatched programs and loopholes in our home network.
It also has a two-way firewall which makes it the best antivirus for pc and the best part is we can set up our own rules for the firewall. Moreover, McAfee’s home network manager has the capability to find flaws in your wifi network security making it more secure.
In a recent test by Av test labs, McAfee Total Protection performed really well. They performed a 10-month test in which the scored 100% 4times and hit as low as 97% the subsequent times. Aren’t these figures great?
Besides protecting from viruses McAfee total Protection also safeguards from cryptocurrencies miners. It also has a gaming mode that silence notification and stops updates while the user is playing games. This is a lightweight antivirus so it doesn’t occupy much space on your pc. Thus, creating a reason for it to be called the best antivirus for pc.
McAfee Total Protection Review- Pros and Cons
Now its time to discuss the pros and cons in this McAfee Total Protection Review 2020
- Value for money
- Password Manager to manage passwords for all your account
- User-configurable firewall
- Gaming Mode
- Identity Theft Protection to safeguard your digital identity.
- Good spam filtering
- Simplistic firewall
- Browser dependent parental control
- Sometimes makes the system to slowdown
There are 3 McAfee plans available for McAfee Total Protection.
- Antivirus software
- Performance optimizer
- Password manager
- Home network security program
- Free Online technical support
- Encrypted storage
- File shredder
- Safe Web Browsing
This plan costs $34.99* and is available for 1 year with only 1 device subscription.
This plan covers all the features in individual plan the extra features that you get are
- Identity Theft Protection
- Multi-device compatibility
This plan costs $39.99 and is available for 1year with up to 5 device compatibility
This plan covers all the features of multi-device plan the extra that it offers is
- Safe family feature
This plan costs $44.99 with 1-year subscription and compatibility with up to 10 devices
Now, in this McAfee Total Protection Review. Let us take a look at the system requirements for the software to run on your device
System Requirements and Specification:-
- Windows 7 and above (32 or 64 bit)
- Mac OS X 10.12 or later
- Android 4.1 and above
- Apple OS 10 and above
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Internet Explorer 10 or above
Supported Email programs
- 2GB Ram
- 500 GB hard drive space
- 1Ghz processor speed