While working on the computer, we may find some errors in windows. These errors might irritate us and slow down our working speed. Here, in this article, we will discuss how to fix error 651 on Windows 10, 8, and 7.
Is Error 651 Serious or Fatal Error?
In the advanced versions of the Windows operating system, we may find error messages that affect the entire system. resolved. One of the very frequent errors is connection failed error 651. This is something very irritating and most of the Windows Users have experienced this at some point in time. And also what is the main reason for having this error on our system. This is a serious issue in the system that should be immediate.
What Is Error 651 Connections Failed?
“Error 651: The modem (or other connecting devices) has reported an error.”
Error 651 is a very well-known problem that arises when we are trying to connect to the Internet. When a user tries to do any web/internet-based task by using any kind of modem. In other words, this error mainly occurs due to the raspppoe.sys that is stored in the driver’s folder on the system, and their path is written in the registry database of computers.
This is completely due to a connection problem that can shut down, restart, or display a blue screen on your computer. Error 651 is very much similar to Error 6978 on Windows XP.
The main problem comes when the modem or router hangs down. You cannot resolve such issues by just doing windows diagnosis. So, let us understand the main cause of error 651.
Causes of Connection Failed With Error 651
Error 651 occurs when we try to make a connection using PPPoE which is (Point To Point Protocol Over Ethernet). It also arises when we remotely connect multiple PC users on an Ethernet local network.
It indicates the unsuccessful connection to the internet or terminated connection. Here are some more reasons due to which error 651 occurs on the windows operating system. Here the list is given below:
- Database Corruption in Windows Registry.
- When you misplace or corrupt a system file called raspppoe.sys then IP settings can be compromised or inappropriate.
- Broken Internet Configurations
- The Incorrect Broadband Connection.
- The Desktop’s LAN card disable.
- Spyware could also interfere with the system’s modem connection.
- The link is blocked by a third-party firewall application. (Firewall Interference)
We will discuss how to fix error 651 in windows by using the following methods for different versions of windows.
How To Fix Error 651 In Windows 10
Connection failed with error 651 indicates the interrupted communication between your PC and your router. There is no fixed reason for this problem but with the following methods, you can fix it.
Method 1: Restart PC And The Network Device
- Restart Your Device
- Disconnect router or DLAN adaptor from the power source.
- Reconnect after 30 seconds.
- For Windows 10, click the ON/OFF button, and “Restart” it.
Method 2: Reinstall Network Adapter Drivers
- Open Control Panel using Start Menu.
- Choose “Derive Manager” from the element list.
- Click on the arrow icon, open the “Network Adapters” entry.
- For LAN Connection, right-click on Ethernet Connection, and select “Deinstall”.
- Restart Windows 10, it will reinstall the driver software automatically.
Method 3: Replace raspppoe.sys File
- Open directory on working windows \Windows\System32\drivers.
- Copy the file raspppoe.sys to the external pen drive.
- Now, connect the storage device to the system with error 651. Open the same directory and replace it.
- Restart Windows 10
Method 4: Using the Speed and Duplex Mode Manual Settings
- Using the start menu, select Control Panel.
- Select “Network and Sharing Centre”.
- On the left-hand side in the menu, select “Change Adapter Settings”.
- Click right to the LAN Connection, causing error 651 then select properties.
- Go to the advanced tab by selecting the “configure” button.
- Set your desire speed value by selecting the entry “Speed and Duplex Mode”.
In addition to that, if you want to fix error code 0x0 0x0 you can read our guide we have explained thoroughly.
How To Fix Connection Failed Error 651 In Windows 7 and 8?
The Connection failed error 651 isn’t specific for only Windows 10. Those who are operating Windows 7 and 8 may find the same problem. This will make some communication difficulties between the hardware of your PC’s network and the modem you are using.
While working on these operating systems if you run into error 651, you can also adopt the above mention methods to fix it. Error 651 in Windows 7 and 8 can be easily resolved by using these methods:
- Restart the system
- Reinstall the network adapter’s driver software.
- Replace the sys file.
- Adjust the broadband speed manually.
Note for Windows 7 Users: From January 2020 onwards, there is no technical support from Microsoft and no longer any security updates available. The companies will still offer paid supports until 2023. So as per this scenario, we would recommend you upgrade your windows to the latest version.
Now, you are having a complete idea about what is error 651 connection failed and how to fix error 651 in windows 10, 8, and 7. I guess the whole information will help to fix your trouble in your operating system. Did you ever face this error? Were you able to successfully resolve it, do leave comments about it?
FAQs: How To Fix Error Connection Failed?
Q: How Will I Remove Error 651 From My Windows 10?
As discussed above, you can use any one method out of four to resolve this issue.
Q: How Do I Solve The 651 Error In Windows 7?
We would suggest upgrading your windows to the latest versions. Otherwise, you can fix this error by following the above mention steps.
Q: Why Does Error 651 Occurs In Windows 8?
This is a technical issue between your modem or you had tried to connect some broadband with your windows.
Q: How Do I Fix Error Connecting To Broadband Connection?
Switch Off the power supply connected with broadband and wait for a while at least one minute. Then reconnect the power supply to the router and let the connection be established to the IPS.
Q: How Do I Fix Connection Failed With Error 651?
All the different methods and steps were discussed above. You may follow one-by-one and can fix the connection failed with error 651.